"Khayyam Hotel, Tehran" Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Hotel Tip by MalenaN

Iran Hotels: 51 reviews and 74 photos

Khayyam Hotel, Tehran
by MalenaN

The first night in Tehran I stayed at Khayyam Hotel. Looking at the map I thought it had a good location, but that was not the case, at least not for me travelling alone. The hotel is situated in a narrow alley and most shops in the nearest blocks are shops for men selling things for cars and motorbikes etc. meaning that there were no women around.

The room was small but clean, with a table, a cupboard, a very uncomfortable bed (the mattress was leaning to one side), a TV, a fridge and tissues. And there was a bathroom with a squat toilet, a shower, towels and toilet paper.

The price was 22 dollars (July 2006) and that included breakfast.

There is a computer in the reception area , but the Internet was not working the day I arrived (a Friday). No one knew of an Internet café, but I found one half an hour walk from the hotel. I had mailed Andy (leonik) the telephone number to the hotel, the one written in the guidebook.. As I came back to the hotel they told me it was the wrong number and I had to walk back to the Internet café again to send a new mail. At that time I had already decided to change hotel the next day, even though the hotel and staff are nice.

Address: no. 3 Khayyam Alley Navidy Street