"KYOTO TEMPLES" Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Things to Do Tip by Pixiekatten
Japan Things to Do: 736 reviews and 1,308 photos
Set aside 2 full days at least to discover the temples and shrines in Kyoto. You could do it the easy way and follow the Philosopher's walk which takes you past the main ones. Or do as I did. Search for the icon for temple or shrine on a map and just head out there. Get a bike or the bus and dont let distances put you off!
An absolute must is the Golden Pavillion! Catch its reflection in the pond. Amazing!
Address: Follow the Philosopher's walk for main temples.
Directions: For Golden Pavilion, catch a bus at Kyoto station. (106, but bus no might change)
Address: Rokuonji (golden pavilion), 1 Kinkakuji, Kita-ku, Kyoto.
More Reviews (81)
- See All SHINKANSEN
- See All Don't tan in Japan!
- See All VISA
- Hanshin Tigers - Baseball
- See All Great Hostel
- Festival Gate OSAKA - a creepy ghost...
- See All Compulsory rice eating - NIKKO
- See All BENTO - boxed lunch
- See All Threats from the sky
- See All Toy Madness in Tokyo's Kiddy Land
- See All When visiting a mountain town
- See All KYOTO JAZZ
Pixiekatten's Related Pages
Have you been to Japan?Share Your Travels