"Quiet/Comfortable Hotel" Hotel Laimer Hof Munich Tip by OttoRouth

Hotel Laimer Hof Munich, Munich: 1,976 reviews and 2 photos

Stayed 2 nights here on vacation in August 2006.

Cozy little hotel - not too expensive (especially for a large city like Munich). Room was very clean - small, but that is not so unusual. Full bath, TV and phone. I believe if you are traveling with a family, you can get larger rooms or connected ones.

Where is it? It is only about a ten minute walk from Schloss Nymphenburg - which is surrounded by a very nice park - which is almost as good as seeing the palace (in my opinion) - very nice to walk in the morning or evening.

The hotel is situated in a quiet neighborhood - virtually no traffic other than the people who live there. There are a few places to get a bite to eat within a few minutes walk - just ask at the desk where everything is. Also not so far a walk away are some grocery stores if you want to keep some food in your room. The mini-bar can keep a few beverages cold for you.

We reserved our room through a German web-site and got a nice rate ($60+ Euros I believe) and it came with breakfast and the use of two bicycles (which we ended up not using but if we had stayed longer we probably would have) and a parking place.

For those new to Munich and who may be flying in - the international airport is not in the city and is a bit of a drive into town - I am uncertain if there is any kind of airport transportation for Laimer Hof.

As previous tips/ratings have said - nothing is terribly far - transportation is very close and easy to use. From here you can get to the city center, the English garden or Olympic park in only a few (20 minutes max I would think) short minutes.

Would I/We stay here again? Absolutely. It's far enough away from most of the touristy places, but close enough at the same time.

Unique Qualities: The young couple that now owns the hotel has worked very hard to make sure it has a good reputation. Very friendly - speak English (and I also heard French) - make a nice breakfast for everyone and are two of the nicest people you could hope to meet.

It's a genuine 3-star hotel, doesn't try to be anything more.

Don't expect glass elevators (or elevator period) - the creaky stairs reminded me of my parent?s home and how hard it was to sneak in/out. But it's only 3 or 4 stories tall and if you need help with bags, am sure someone would help.

Go..walk the neighborhood - have some good food and walk the park, you'll be glad you did.

Address: Laimer Strasse 40
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Short walk (under 10 minutes) to the park surrounding Schloss Nymphenburg
Phone: +49 89 1780380
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Pension/Guesthouse
Website: http://www.laimerhof.de/service.html

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Written Sep 3, 2006

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Munich?