Hotel Sorak Park: "I got a suit to myself!" South Korea Hotel Tip by ghweeh

South Korea Hotels: 100 reviews and 85 photos

I was travelling with my parents and sisters? family. Initially I was supposed to share room with my elder nephew. And when I first stepped into ?my? room I was somehow a bit of shock because it was so big; comprised of a small kitchen area, a living area plus two bedrooms. Thinking that maybe I got a suit, I decided to swap with my sister so that her whole family could be housed in room. Then, we realised that every one of us got exactly the same type of room. So I am all alone?in this extravagant habitat!

We also ?sleep? in Korean style?sleeping on a heated floor. And I slept so well and was only awoke from my parents? call. There were heaters underneath the ?floor-bed? (not sure what the Korean called that??) or that special pillow that was filled with wheat?or was it grain?anyway?I sleep through the night. As I normally don?t sleep when in hotel no matter how tired and I tends to wake up middle of the night.

The surrounding scenery was lovely too; with rooms that faced Mt. Sorak?

Unique Qualities: Location: 74-3, Seorak-dong, Sokcho
Room Prices: w80,000 - 178,000 / night
Distance from Seoul ? 210km and about 40min via airplane; 4hrs via car

Address: 74-3, Seorak-dong, Sokcho
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Distance from Seoul ? 210km and about 40min via airplane; 4hrs via car
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel

• Written Sep 1, 2006

Comments

Have you been to South Korea?