"Don't overlook St. Vincent Court" Top 5 Page for this destination Downtown Tip by marinarena
Downtown, Los Angeles: 46 reviews and 103 photos
Years after first discovering downtown, I just stumbled across St. Vincent Court, a rather charming alley (yes, a downtown alley with charm can exist!) in an otherwise a fairly drab area. The palette of the buildings make this well-hid spot eyecatching. It is located off Broadway and Hill streets and with main entry by way of 6th. Entering here is as if you were going to a quaint, part of the Mediterrean village with a decidedly middle eastern influence atmosphere. Perhaps, you'd feel as if you were in Turkey.
Here, is where the regulars are- particularly vendors from the jewelry center of the court's namesake. Many are of Armenian or Persian decent which reflects the food options here at the enchanting eateries, including the popular deli named after the jewelry center. Choose from kebobs, lamb gyros or hummus on the menus. Even if you want coffee, you can try an Armenian variety. There is a Frenchy cafe for your croissant fix and as well a decent pizzeria.
Look out for the pigeons here that try to get any crumb you may leave.
More Off The Beaten Path in Los Angeles (34)
More Reviews (200)
- See All Get From Terminal to Terminal with LAX...
- See All Have a Clean, Sweet Slice of Tomato Pie
- See All Appreciate Architecture of DTLA...
- See All Roll Down Robertson for Lux Fash
- See All Discover Culture & Events on the...
- See All (Re)Discover Historic Shrine
- See All Bike a Delicious Meal Off Free Here by...
- See All Get your Talk Radio, Traffic...
- See All Pack Patience in or along busy Fairfax
- See All Don't Get "Lost" in Hawaiian Gardens!...
- See All OK to stay if ... (Inglewood)
- See All Wear Shades and Sunscreen
marinarena's Related Pages
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels