"the first glimpse of Weesenstein is special" Weesenstein Favorite Tip by richiecdisc

Weesenstein General: 7 reviews and 7 photos

my first glimpse of Weesenstein was special
by richiecdisc

Favorite thing: I never thought anything would beat my very first view of Weesenstein but now I'd have to say having our wedding reception there is tops on the list.

Fondest memory: Winding roads are not my favorite unless I am driving but the one that connects Dippoldiswalde with Weesenstein is full of memories even though I only first happened upon it a mere five years ago. As a rule such roads traverse beautiful natural scenery and this one does not fail in that department and adds small town hamlets for good measure sprinkled intermittently. Towering dense forest and babbling brooks define the Müglitz Valley and around every turn the first time visitor is pleasantly surprised with yet another example of why Saxony has charms well beyond its fame. But nothing quite prepares you for when you first glimpse the hilltop castle Weesenstein. Beyond iconic images like the Eiffel Tower and Leaning Tower of Pisa, castles as a rule and particularly those set on high plateaus define the Old World charm that non-Europeans flock to the Continent for. (continued below in Fondest Memory)

• Written Aug 30, 2006

Comments

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Weesenstein?