Graziano's Brick Oven Pizza: "Do You Like Brick-Oven Pizza?" Top 5 Page for this destination Graziano's Brick Oven Pizza Tip by deecat

Graziano's Brick Oven Pizza, Chicago: 1 reviews and 5 photos

Grazxiano's Brick Oven Pizza
      Grazxiano's Brick Oven Pizza
      Inside Graziano's
      Statue near bar in Graziano's
      Non-smoking section in Graziano's
    by deecat
      Stacks of fresh tomatoes in boxes in Graziano's
    by deecat

Today, August 29, 2006, Allan and I went to visit a friend in a nursing home in Niles, Illinois, and our daughter Jill told us to be sure to try the pizza at Graziano's. I'm glad that we listened to her sage advice.

Graziano's is famous for their Brick-Oven Pizza, which both Allan and I really like so we decided to have a late lunch/early dinner.

The place is large with both a smoking and a non-smoking room, and a bar. The non-smoking room (where we ate) is the largest. It is lined with large windows, which brings in light and makes the room airy. We were seated, fortunately, in a huge booth by the window. The booth was covered in black leather. We love large booths while eating pizza because it affords much room for the condiments, two pizzas, salads, cheeses, olive oil, and breads.

The menu is varied and large, and it includes:

The service was quite friendly and most efficient.

Favorite Dish: We both decided to try their Brick-Oven Pizza, and I'm most happy that we did because it was delicious.

Allan ordered the Pizzaiolo pizza in the small "Pizzette size" which includes spinach, onions, tomato, mozzarella and romano cheeses, and tomato sauce. He also had red wine and a side salad with house dressing (Creamy Italian).

I ordered a Pizzette Margherita with plum tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella cheese, and tomato sauce. I, too, ordered the side salad with house dressing. I ordered a diet Coke with two slices of lemon to drink.

On the table was grated cheese and Virgin Olive oil with three kinds of Italian breads. Before our meal was served, we had some bread dipped in the cheese/olive oil dip. Yum!

Although we usually order dessert, we had to bypass it today because we did not wish to get caught in the rush-hour traffic. If you like dessert, you need to know that they offer:

Chocolate sambuca cake

Rating: 5
Theme: Pizza

• Updated Aug 29, 2006

deecat Lives Here!

Have you been to Chicago?