The Market: "A Nice Lunch at the 'Market'" Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut Restaurant Tip by miso80

Beirut Restaurants: 212 reviews and 201 photos

I'd seen this place and seen the amount of people heading towards its entrance for lunch or dinner. I'd also heard about it being one of the new places opening in Beirut..and of course, since all the Lebanese love good food, and a great ambiance, and always crave what's new...I had to try it out ;)

So, one Saturday noon in August 2006 (yes, after the israeli invasion 2006), we decided to go there and have a nice lunch. The place wasn't too crowded since a lot of people had left the country...but there around 10 tables filled. One area of this restaurant is surrounded by glass walls, from ceiling to the floor, and so you can see the mini-green area on the outside, and watch the cars pass by on the street..The interior of the restaurant is modern with a wooden parquet floor, and the rest of the room made of glass and steel.

The waiters are friendly, and the service is good...the food is VERY good. The salads are fresh and big, and its like they're fresh outta the market. I had a delicious club sandwich that was both healthy and tasty... and my friend had what is called a italiano galettes..its like a crepe filled with mozzarella tomatoes and covered with pesto sauce..also VERY yummy.

We had a great lunch..and it wasnt even expensive! I highly recommend it for a good, healthy yet tasty lunch :)

Favorite Dish: If you thought the lunch was tasty, then do try the creme brulee crepe!!! Stunning! I havent ever tasted anything like it! My friend made me taste it, and Im sure glad I did !!

Address: Achrafieh
Comparison: about average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Other

• Written Aug 29, 2006

Comments

miso80 Used To Live Here!

miso80

“I haven't been everywhere but its on my list”

Have you been to Beirut?