"Central Park - Take the Cycle Tour" Central Park Tip by mollymoo0oo0

Central Park, New York City: 406 reviews and 745 photos

Even on a short trip to New York, Central Park deserves *at least* a whole day dedicated for your exploration.... we took a cycle tour, which was the highlight of my whole trip. My partner and I met up with the tour group at the corner of a building by Trump Towers, opposite the corner of the park... no need to book, just meet at one of the regular times (we got this info from our hotel guide). We collected our hire bikes and prepared to ride for the first time since our childhoods!

The park is a 2 miles long, and offers a total escape from the buzz of the city surrounding it... but of course, you never forget you're in New York as the energy is throughout. All sports and activities are catered for, including rollerskating, ice skating, basketball, baseball, boating, horse and cart rides, and lots more...

Our tour lasted a couple of hours and was a great way to get a taste of it all in a short space of time.... and leaving me hungry for more!

I really enjoyed the many bronze statues throughout the park, especially that of Alice in Wonderland... and there was the Egyptian Obelisk and a beautiful ever growing display of Lennon/Beatles memorabilia in Strawberry Fields... the Shakespeare's garden was a lovely little oasis - with it's handwritten labels on each pretty plantation... watching the turtle lake from up in the castle was a real joy, and if only we'd had time to stop for a puppet show in the little theatre!

I'll certainly return to Central Park one day... it's a chapter that has only begun...

Address: Manhattan, NYC
Directions: Bounded by Centeral Park West & 5th Ave. and W. 110thSt. & W. 59 th St.
Phone: (212) 310-6600
Website: http://www.centralpark.org/

• Updated Nov 8, 2007

Comments

mollymoo0oo0

“~~~a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step~~~”

Have you been to New York City?