"THE BRONX ZOO" Bronx Zoo Tip by moiraistyx

Bronx Zoo, New York City: 28 reviews and 67 photos

by moiraistyx

My very first trip here was when I was eleven years old. My Aunt Dody brought me, my brother and my sister her while my mom was out of town for work. Even then this wonderful zoo amazed me. The modern Bronx Zoo is even more fantastic. The have added dozens of exhibits over the years and they continue to add them every year. This year they have added the African Dogs exhibit.

The summer hours for the zoo are 10:00-5:00 weekdays, and 10:00-5:30 weekends and holidays. Admission is $12 adults and $9 children (2-12) and seniors Thursday-Tuesday. The zoo is by donation on Wednesday. I do not recommend going to the zoo on Wednesdays due to the large crowds. The extra exhibits inside the zoo are at an additional fee, these are the Skysafar, Bug Carousel, Shuttle, Camel Rides, Butterfly Garden, Gorilla Congo, and the Monorail. The fees for these extras vary so please see the website for specifics. You can buy a POP pass which includes all the extras, see the website for details. If you plan to visit the Bronx Zoo several times or if you plan to visit any of the other zoos in the NYC area or even the NY Aquarium, you may want to consider purchasing a membership.

One of our favorite areas to visit in the zoo is the aviary. Patrick loves the birds, especially the really large ones. When we went this past spring we were able to see the absolutely adorable gorilla babies, as well as many other animal babies. I love the butterfly garden myself, although I have to admit its incredibly hot inside of it, but beautiful.

Address: 2300 Southern Boulevard
Directions: SEE WEBSITE
othercontact: (718) 220-5100
Phone: (718) 367-1010
Website: http://www.bronxzoo.com/

• Written Aug 27, 2006

moiraistyx Visits Here Frequently!

“Engaged to member haunted1030 on 1/1/11”

Have you been to New York City?