"Malaventure" Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Spa Tip by juliansf

Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Spa, Los Angeles: 2,638 reviews and 24 photos

26th floor view and an allnight lovemaking next door.
The Bonaventure of "True Lies" fame is past its prime. The elevators still zip up the sides of the round towers and the glass cieling on the lobby floor is basically intact (although there were a few visible patches). The hotel is located downtown not too far from Bunker Hill where the new Disney symphony hall, the Chandler Pavillion, Ahmanson Theater, Mark Taper Forum, and the Museum of Contemporary Art, all congregate.
The rooms are pie shaped to go with the circular towers, small doorways fan out to rooms with floor to cieling views. Large comfortable bed. Very limited cable tv, white cotton bathrobes, minibar, etc etc. But the drawback is if your room has a connecting door. Mine did. So from 2:30 to 5:30 on a Thursday night I could hear everything--and I mean everything!--going on next door. Since I had an 8:30 am appointment in the morning, I was not very happy.
The next day, I mentioned to the front desk my experience of the night before. I asked the front desk whether my noisey neighbors were checked in for the coming night. She said, "No."
She said that she understood my situation and told me that there had been other complaints about similar situations and that it was too expensive for the hotel to do anything about it.
I got a free breakfast.

Address: Downtown LA
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +1 213-624-1000
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.thebonaventure.com

• Written Aug 27, 2006

“it's the journey, not the destination”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Los Angeles?