The Lady and Sons: "Southern Cooking" Savannah Restaurant Tip by nc_rebel

Savannah Restaurants: 190 reviews and 163 photos

Lady and Son's Restaurant
      Lady and Son's Restaurant
    by nc_rebel
      The line waiting to get on the list
    by nc_rebel

Eating at The Lady and Sons appears to be the "must thing to do" when visiting Savannah. I like Paula Dean's cooking show on the Food Network so we decided to try out her restaurant. We went on a Monday in order to miss the crowds. Guess what? They are packed for lunch even on Mondays! We got there at 10:00 am and waited in a long line just to get our name on the list. I was able to acquire an 11:30 am lunch table. You have to stand across the street around your designated time and wait for them to call your name. Once inside we ordered the buffet in order to sample the many dishes. In my opinion, the food is good but is overrated for everything you have to put up with just to get into the restaurant. The restaurant is in an old historic building off Congress street close to the City Market. The inside of the building is nice. Looks like they take up the first three floors.

Favorite Dish: Buffet allows you to sample the pulled pork, fried chicken and the many sides. The sides were very good. The chicken was good but not as ood as I would have expected.

Address: 102 W Congress St.
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Close to City Market
Phone: 912.233.2600
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Local

• Written Aug 27, 2006

“Experience the soul of your destination.”

Have you been to Savannah?