"Not all are bad, not all are good either!" Top 5 Page for this destination Taxis Tip by irisbe
Taxis, Brussels: 8 reviews and 2 photos
In 2004 we organised a VT meeting in Brussels for the arrival of vginginbabe.
She had emailed her phone number and I tried to call her several times. It was always her answering machine.
Later on we managed to meet up and we heard her story on how on her first moments of arrival in Brussels she got ripped of by a taxidriver.
Accordingly to her explication she must have paid almost tripple the normal price and on top of it, through the consternation and her refusal to pay the first demanded amount of fee, she even forgot her mobile phone in the cab.
There are a few rules to watch when taking a cab:
1. Is it an official cab? in doubt write down the number plate or the number and company of the cab.
2. Check if there is a meter in the cab or negociate about the price first (but only do so if you know what approx you normally need to pay). Cabs always start with a start amount, independent of the distance you will drive.
3. If you know someone in the city you are at, you might want that person call their regular cab to pick you up or you can drive to that person and let him/her check if the amount could be correct.
More Warnings and Dangers in Brussels (6)
More Reviews (144)
- See All Trainstations
- See All Pain grècque, speculoos... yummmmiieee!
- See All Delirium Tremens, is 2004 enough to...
- See All A lust for the eye De Ultieme...
- See All Brasserie-Restaurant stilling your...
- See All Near the canal: Brewery Belle Vue
- See All Music at Bruxelles les bains
- See All About immigrants and a small castle
- See All In a nice area with seafood restaurants
- See All If you travel by car
- See All Rue du boucher/Beenhouwersstraat
Been to Brussels?Share your travels with the world!
irisbe's Related Pages
Have you been to Brussels?Share Your Travels