"Hydrofoil connections to neighbouring islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Leros Island Transportation Tip by SWFC_Fan

Leros Island Transportation: 4 reviews and 6 photos

Hydrofoil at Agia Marina, Leros

Hydrofoil at Agia Marina, Leros
      The port of Agia Marina, Leros
      Leros - Kos: hydrofoil ticket
    by SWFC_Fan

The Greek island of Leros is connected to other islands in the Dodecanese group by frequent hydrofoils and ferries.

Yellow and blue hydrofoils, operated by Aegean Flying Dolphins, connect Leros with its neighbouring islands a few times each day on the following route:

Kos - Kalymnos - Leros - Lipsi - Patmos

I visited Leros as a daytrip from Kos during my visit to the latter island in May 2006.

The journey time from Kos to Leros is approximately 90 minutes, via a short stop at the port of Pothia on the island of Kalymnos.

I caught the 8am hydrofoil from Kos Town, arriving at Agia Marina on Leros at approximately 9:30am. The cost of a one way ticket (at May 2006) was 16.40 Euros.

On the return journey, I caught the 4:35pm hydrofoil from Agia Marina, arriving back at Kos Town at around 6pm. This ticket was cheaper than the morning ticket, at a cost of 13.10 Euros.

I purchased both my outbound and return hydrofoil tickets in Kos. However, there are several agencies around the port at Agia Marina where tickets can be purchased.

Note:

Be aware that hydrofoils arrive at, and depart from, Leros' second port, Agia Marina and not its main port at Lakki. As there are no signs at the port, I assumed that I had arrived at Lakki and followed my map upon that assumption. This led me to spend the entire morning never being quite where I thought I was!

Mode: TO
Type: Ship/Boat

• Written Aug 26, 2006

Comments

SWFC_Fan

“Next stops: Zadar (April), Murcia (July)”

Have you been to Leros Island?