"Hydrofoils from Kos to Leros" Top 5 Page for this destination Kos Transportation Tip by SWFC_Fan

Kos Transportation: 33 reviews and 39 photos

Flying Dolphin hydrofoil at Kos Town

Flying Dolphin hydrofoil at Kos Town
      Kos - Leros hydrofoil ticket
      Boarding the hydrofoil to Leros
      Flying Dolphin hydrofoil interior
    by SWFC_Fan

From the Greek island of Kos, there are many other islands that can easily be visited as daytrips. One of these is the island of Leros.

I visited Leros as a daytrip from Kos Town during my visit to the island in May 2006.

Yellow and blue hydrofoils, operated by Aegean Flying Dolphins, connect the two islands a few times each day. They operate on the route:

Kos - Kalymnos - Leros - Lipsi - Patmos

The journey time from Kos to Leros is approximately 90 minutes, via a short stop at the port of Pothia on the island of Kalymnos.

I caught the 8am hydrofoil from Kos Town, arriving at Agia Marina on Leros at approximately 9:30am. The cost of a one way ticket (at May 2006) was 16.40 Euros.

On the return journey, I caught the 4:35pm hydrofoil from Agia Marina, arriving back at Kos Town at around 6pm. This ticket was cheaper than the morning ticket, at a cost of 13.10 Euros.

Tickets for the hydrofoils and ferries, as well as numerous organised day tours, can be purchased at any of the dozens of travel agencies in Kos Town and the island's beach resorts.

Note:

Be aware that hydrofoils arrive at, and depart from, Leros' second port, Agia Marina and not its main port at Lakki. As there are no signs at the port, I assumed that I had arrived at Lakki and followed my map upon that assumption. This led me to spend the entire morning never being quite where I thought I was!

Mode: TO
Type: Ship/Boat

• Written Aug 26, 2006

Comments

SWFC_Fan

“Next stops: Zadar (April), Murcia (July)”

Have you been to Kos?