Waterside Bar: "Handy Pub Grub by the Seafront" Waterside pub, Howth Tip by SabrinaSummerville

Waterside pub, Howth, Dublin: 1 reviews and 1 photos

The Waterside Pub
by SabrinaSummerville

The Waterside Bar/Pub looks very attractive outside and, given that it's situated in the seaside port of Howth I figured that I'd get a lovely seafood bar lunch here. I was disappointed in that, but nevertheless the food that I did get was very good.

The menu is typically pub grub with staples such as scampi, home made burgers (made with real beef), and fish and chips. If you want something less hearty they do have a good variety of sandwiches and the choice of soup of the day or seafood chowder.

Service is fast and pleasant.

The ambience is pub atmosphere and the pub is in the old Irish style with lots of wood everywhere and little in the way of comfort or luxury.

There's not much of a view of the sea but all you need to do is walk out the door and it's there in front of you.

It's handy if you're looking for a quick and inexpensive bite to eat in a very casual atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the home made burger which I can verify was made of fresh ground beef and was so big that I couldn't finish it. It was served with a choice of fries or spicy wedges plus a side salad.

Address: Waterfront in Howth town.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: As you walk along the seafront towards the pier you cannot miss this pretty looking pub which is facing towards the sea.
Phone: +353 (0)1 839 0555
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/WATERSIDE-HOWTH/135627333142846?rf=189382134437876

• Written Aug 23, 2006

SabrinaSummerville Visits Here Frequently!

“"I am of Ireland....Come dance with me in Ireland", W.B. Yeats”

Have you been to Dublin?