"Should be the next hotel overhauled or torn down!" Excalibur Hotel Casino Tip by Robin922

Excalibur Hotel Casino, Las Vegas: 1,891 reviews and 86 photos

This hotel is showing it's age, and should be put on the list to either be torn down or overhauled!

While the staff is very friendly, many common services are lacking. The bell hop who delivered our bags, did just that and nothing more! When I asked about ice, he told me to walk down the hall.

Housekeeping, is pretty weak too. Carpet was 'kind of' vacuumed, and the bathroom floor was 'kind of' swept.

We noticed an error with our check out date after we had checked in, so the next morning I went to the front desk to correct the error, IT WAS CLOSED! I've never heard of a hotel closing its check-in desk for the morning hours.

My mother had a medical emergency, when I called the desk for the 'house doctor'.. they don't have one. However they did call for an ambulance, good thing since all they could offer was a security officer. (Who was friendly but, didn't appear to even have basic medical training.)

Items that I thought a hotel would have... a bath tub, coffee pot, and mini bar in the room. Also the water glasses are the cheapest thin plastic glasses I've ever seen. Brochures of things to do, while in the area. To say the least I've stayed at Motel 6s that offered more than this place!

Lighting in the hallways and rooms is very poor. It gives you the feeling of being in a dungeon, which is o.k. if you have good vision. Would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone who is low vision.

Building maintenance personal appear to be missing! Elevator button on floor was broken all week, and other noticeable items needed repairing.

They also have a mandatory charge of a dollar a day for the phone (if you us it or not) and internet access is $11.00 for 24 hours.

Bottom line, if you don't mind $3.00 a cup for coffee, and don't want a tub to soak in, don't mind a bit of dirt, can handle the other little quarks it isn't too bad for the mid week rate of $54. a night. However is not worth the $100+ they charge for the week-ends!

Unique Qualities: Good location, is on the 'Strip Trolly' route. The staff was frendly, but not always helpful.

Address: 3850 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Almost at the end of the strip
Phone: +1 702-597-7777
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.excalibur.com/

• Written Aug 22, 2006

Comments

Robin922

“Always pack your sence of humor!”

Have you been to Las Vegas?