The Stove: "Home cooking in Mammoth" Top 5 Page for this destination Mammoth Lakes Restaurant Tip by Hopkid

Mammoth Lakes Restaurants: 46 reviews and 43 photos

Set in what appears to be an old house (but I don't think it is), The Stove is a popular eatery with a menu befitting of a local diner/greasy spoon. We had dinner and breakfast here during our stay in Mammonth. For dinner Rita had their fried chicken while I had the lasagna. The chicken was fried to a non-greasy crispness with a hint of seasoning. We both rated it very tasty. The lasgna, on the other hand, was just OK. The positive was that it could easily feed a family of four the serving was so big! The breakfast menu had the usual suspects. However seeing as The Stove is well-known for their fresh-baked pies, I ordered a piece of peach pie for breakfast. It was just as a fresh peach pie should taste! It was wonderful!

Be forewarned that The Stove is popular and if you go during prime eating time you may experience a wait.

Favorite Dish: Fresh peach pie...only order it when peaches are in season, typically during the summer.

Address: 644 Old Mammoth Road
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 760.934.2821
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Written Aug 20, 2006

More Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes (1)

“I may not be able to see it all, but I can die trying!”

Have you been to Mammoth Lakes?