"Flamingo, Sevan" Top 5 Page for this destination Armenia Hotel Tip by MalenaN

The hut I stayed in
      My room
      My room
    by MalenaN

There are not many cheap places around Sevan mentioned in my guidebook. As it was August (holiday and crowded) I wanted to make a reservation and tried to call Tsovinar, but the number in the book was wrong. Arriving to Sevan Peninsula I went to Tsovinar, but it was full. I was told to go to Flamingo, which is the next place, with huts under the trees, not far from the beach. I got a basic room with bathroom for 10 000 drams (August 2006).
It can be noisy on the beach in the evening. There were two beach discos (the music was not too loud), but none at Flamingo beach, which was good. The walls in the huts are thin and my neighbours played music and it sounded like it was played in my room. At 21.30 they stopped and it was quiet.
I paid for one night when I arrived. Next morning woke up early and was ready to leave at 7.20. I walked down to the beach and couldn’t see anyone at all. Where should I leave my key and where could I get a taxi? I sat down by the lake and ate some chips. At 7.45 someone was in the restaurant and they called someone I could leave the key to. I asked where I could get a taxi to Sevan and they said I could go up to the road and stop a bus. But as the beach area was deserted at 8, so was the road. After walking towards Sevan for a while I got a lift with a small lorry.

Comparison: N/A
Directions: By the beach on Sevan Peninsula
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Campground

• Written Aug 19, 2006

Comments

Have you been to Armenia?