"Khatam Hotel, Kish Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Hotel Tip by MalenaN

Iran Hotels: 50 reviews and 65 photos

My room at Khatam Hotel

My room at Khatam Hotel
      The bathroom
      Khatam Hotel, Kish Island
    by MalenaN

When I entered Khatam Hotel it was full of Indian workers from Dubai having breakfast. As there were only men I was not sure this was the right place for me. But I did not know where else to go as there are not many cheap hotels on Kish. I asked for a single room and they said it was IR 340 000. I said it was too expensive for me and showed the price in Lonely Planet, IR 200 000. They said it was an old price, but I could get the room for IR 200 000 (June 2006).

The room was not big, but had two beds, a small bathroom, air-condition and a TV with BBC News (but the picture and sound was not always too clear). It was not very clean but as I asked for new sheets I got completely new ones, from the package. There were no towels and no toilet paper (but tissues).

Breakfast is included in the price and starts at 8.00 when the fresh bread arrives (if you want to eat breakfast earlier you will get yesterdays bread). There is also lunch and dinner for about IR 20 000, including a big bottle of water. The restaurant is Indian so the food is a bit spicy, hot.

The staff is very friendly and helpful (also two women are working in the reception) and speaks good English. If you need a taxi they will call one and it will arrive immediately.
Telephone calls within Kish are free and for a call to Shiraz I paid IR 2500. Half an hour on Internet was IR 5000.
A big water bottle was IR 2000.

Address: Khatam Blv.