"Galleria degli Uffizi (Ufizzi Gallery)" Uffizi Gallery - Galleria Degli Uffizi Tip by codrutz

One of the oldest and most famous museum in the world. So they say. But I dare to have a slight different opinion. Though there are indeed some great pieces of art (originals) inside, one cannot say that is THE biggest or greatest museum. After exiting the Ufizzi I thought what a great museum the Louvre really is - you can go there five times and still want to go back inside :) I guess being located in what could be named capital of Reinassance it is some degree over-rated. Don't get me wrong, it is worth visiting the Ufizzi, but do not do as I did, waiting two hours in line, then 2 hours inside, if you have one day for Florence. Ufizzi is best for the second day of your visit in Florence, that is if you have a second day. You get my point. But then I was very lucky to wait two hours in line, that is because I was given the opportunity to see the Leonardo Exibition, which I wanted to see for some years. That one really deserves any entrance fee and a good three hours to study his work (a small part of).

Address: City Center
Directions: next to Palazzo Vecchio
Phone: 055 238 8651
Website: http://www.polomuseale.firenze.it/

• Updated Aug 22, 2006

“"Live your dreams!"”

Have you been to Florence?