"the luckiest man in the world" Dippoldiswalde Favorite Tip by richiecdisc

Dippoldiswalde General: 7 reviews and 19 photos

no wonder I am smiling, eh?
by richiecdisc

Favorite thing: Well, it used to be that it was so off the beaten path but I guess now I guess it's getting married there!

Fondest memory: Most of my friends thought I?d never get married so when I did quite unexpectedly even to me, it came as a bit of a shock to the cynics who perhaps scrambled for possible explanations for the phenomenon before them. It was a rushed affair only attended by my closest family members and my choice for a life partner just happened to be a non-US resident so you might imagine their conclusions. That she was much younger and quite beautiful surely fueled the fire. That she was also the kindest and sweetest woman I?d ever met most likely escaped them. So, we had another wedding three months later where we dressed more appropriately and threw a bash to more fittingly celebrate the occasion. This was all fine and dandy except one thing, my beloved?s family and friends aside from her sister could not attend. Since it was a restaging of the real wedding, we were pretty relaxed about the whole affair and perhaps because of that didn?t expect much. As it turned out, it was my favorite wedding party ever and I?ve been to some great ones but that was only part of the story. I was totally unprepared for how I would feel when my already wife entered the room to formally give her hand to me. It was a mere formality as we were legally wed but with the strains of Simon & Garfunkle?s Scarborough Fair filling the room, an angel stood before not only me but my amassed family and friends. Stunning is a weak word that only begins to describe the physical effect of how she looked. With a wreath of flowers in her hair, her aura was that of a fairy and her slow entrance timed to the music playing only added to the impression that she was somehow floating as she traversed what now seemed the ocean between us. Whatever lingering questions remained about how or why I got married instantaneously disappeared. The planning and work we?d put into putting this reenactment suddenly was all worthwhile. I felt as every man about to be married should feel: the luckiest man in the world.

• Written Aug 18, 2006

richiecdisc Visits Here Frequently!

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Dippoldiswalde?