"A Must to Pack" Destin Packing List Tip by iluvdestin

Destin What to Pack: 8 reviews and 4 photos

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Flip Flops or swim shoes are a life saver for walking on hot dune walkovers and hot sand.
Sunglasses are a must. Especially on the beach, the white sand reflects the sun up into your eyes and you spend the whole time squinting and eventually develop a headache. After the first headache I wore sunglasses everywhere. No more headache.
Swimsuits of course and plenty of beach towels

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sunscreen, Sunscreen, Sunscreen. We applied sunscreen to every inch of our exposed bodies and we still got sunburnt. The secret is apply often. After going in the water and possibly every 30 min to an hour. The sun reflects off of the water and off of the white sand. Plus, don't let cloudy days fool you. You can still get burnt.

Photo Equipment: Camera's or Video Equipment is a must. Not only will you have your kids and loved ones on film to remember the greatest vacation you ever had. You will always want to keep it with you to capture some the oceans magnifient creatures. If you stay any length of time and you watch the ocean I can almost guarantee you will see dolphins. Walk down the fishing pier on Okaloosa Island and you could see any number of interesting marine life. We saw a Sea Turtle and a Shark not to mention some of the biggest fish I had ever seen.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Some condos offer free beach chairs and umbrellas and most beaches offer them for a daily fee. But if your smart you will bring your own umbrella and beach chairs. Plus a hat. Unless you are planning to work on your tan. Stay under that umbrella with plenty of sunscreen on . Trust me on this.

Miscellaneous: If you have kids Sand toys are a must. We brought a basket of shovels, buckets, and rakes. Not only did my 5 year old build some impressive sand castles. My 13 and 12 yr olds plus Dad and I got into the act. You can't help it. The sand just begs you to dig into it.

• Written Aug 16, 2006