"Department store shopping" Monoprix Tip by thinking
Monoprix, Paris: 21 reviews and 16 photos
What's Monoprix, you ask?
Well, it's something like a very small SuperTarget, and there's at least one in every neighborhood.
Usually, upstairs will be clothing, cosmetics and household goods.
Downstairs is the grocery.
Why is it so fun to shop in supermarkets in another country?
I don't know, but I suggest you try it.
Bring home supermarket gifts for your friends ? jams, chocolates, tapenades, body wash, dijon mustard and
even grilled red peppers ? I promise they'll love them! Prices here are cheap compared to the USA.
Other supermarkets to try:
Franprix/Leader Price (the cheapest by far)and this chain stocks hard to find oatmeal, spices, American peanut butter
and a good assortment of ethnic foods, Shopi, ATAC and Champion.
Some store locations in each chain are better or larger than others, so don't be shy and take a peak in several.
What to buy: If I am going to the USA, I will take food stuffs that are excellent and cheap in France.
1.Dijion mustard here is dirt cheap and expensive in the USA.
2.I love to purchase prune, walnut, and hazelnut vinegars which I cannot find in Manhattan.
3. The cheeses here are very inexpensive compared to prices in the USA.
Address: many locations
Theme: Department Store
More Reviews (106)
- See All 10,000 BICYCLES IN PARIS AT 1000...
- See All MOST PHARMACIES ARE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS...
- See All 2 star restaurant
- See All THE MARKET AT ALMA-MARCEAU
- See All IN ST-DENIS: AN OASIS FOR WOMEN
- See All LE PARC MONCEAU
- See All WHAT IS La France Profonde" or "DEEP...
- See All CHARMING BED AND BREAKFAST NETWORK
- See All PlAN DE PARIS MAP IS THE BEST!
- BRING YOUR OWN DVD'S FOR EXERCISE
- "La plus belle avenue du monde" for the...
- See All AUTUMN FESTIVAL SEPTEMBER 14-DECEMBER...
thinking's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels