"Jewish Synagogue - Place of religious worship." Hoogeveen Things to Do Tip by Jerelis
Hoogeveen Things to Do: 37 reviews and 59 photos
A synagogue is a Jewish place of religious worship. The word "synagogue" is derived from the Greek language and litterly means meeting, assembly. The Hebrew term for synagogue is "Beit Knesset" (House of Assembly) not to be confused with the Knesset, which is the modern name for the parliament of Israel.
At the end of the 17th century it's mentioned for the first time that the city of Hoogeveen had Jewish inhabitants. In 1755 a well organized Jewish community starts its firt service in a private home at the current Hoofdstraat of Hoogeveen. Over 40 years later, in a synagogue has been inaugurated at the Schutstraat
Address: Schutstraat 147, 7907 CD Hoogeveen
Directions: The Schutstraat is the main road towards the city center, coming from the east.
Phone: 0528 - 262917
More Things to Do in Hoogeveen (31)
More Reviews (60)
- See All There are better sandwich...
- See All Family Flokstra Farm - Small monument.
- See All Some more dancing, singing and fun!
- See All Ice skating - Skating rink in the city...
- See All Wings & Wheels - Part 3.
- See All Grolsch -> Just like home sweet home!...
Jerelis' Related Pages
Have you been to Hoogeveen?Share Your Travels