"Les Halles" Paris Transportation Tip by thinking
Paris Transportation: 1,526 reviews and 1,581 photos
Les Halles is an area of Paris, France, located in the 1er arrondissement. It is named for the large central wholesale marketplace, which was demolished in 1971, to be replaced with an underground modern shopping precinct, the Forum des Halles.
It is notable in that the open air center area is below street level.
It is like a pit which contains sculpture, fountains, and mosaics.
Beneath this lies the underground station Châtelet-Les-Halles, central hub of Paris's express urban rail system, the RER.
More Reviews (111)
- See All THE BEST WORKERS IN FRANCE
- See All MOST PHARMACIES ARE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS...
- See All 2 star restaurant
- See All THE MARKET AT ALMA-MARCEAU
- See All IN ST-DENIS: AN OASIS FOR WOMEN
- See All LE PARC MONCEAU
- See All WHAT IS La France Profonde" or "DEEP...
- See All CHARMING BED AND BREAKFAST NETWORK
- See All PlAN DE PARIS MAP IS THE BEST!
- BRING YOUR OWN DVD'S FOR EXERCISE
- "La plus belle avenue du monde" for the...
- See All AUTUMN FESTIVAL SEPTEMBER 14-DECEMBER...
thinking's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels