"PARKING TICKETS? NOT IN AUGUST" Paris Favorite Tip by thinking
Paris General: 1,809 reviews and 2,160 photos
Favorite thing: This is a Paris parking ticket.
You?ll have a hard time getting one in August, when parking is free- unless you park in a crosswalk (the cardinal sin) in the middle of town.
I was about to pay this one, left over from early July, when I noticed it was not for my own car! Someone had slipped it under my windshield-wiper, hoping I?d pay it without looking.
The way you pay the ticket is to buy a timbre fiscal at a tabac. They look like my next photo.
You stick the large section of the stamp on the parking ticket and mail it off to the Trésor public in Rennes. The small part goes on the second page of the ticket, which you keep as proof that you paid.
To pay for parking in Paris, you buy a parking card at a tabac.
They look a bit like telephone cards.
I sometime keep the old Paris ones, as they are very lovely.
More General in Paris (16)
More Reviews (104)
- See All THE BEST WORKERS IN FRANCE
- See All 10,000 BICYCLES IN PARIS AT 1000...
- See All MOST PHARMACIES ARE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS...
- See All 2 star restaurant
- See All THE MARKET AT ALMA-MARCEAU
- See All IN ST-DENIS: AN OASIS FOR WOMEN
- See All LE PARC MONCEAU
- See All CHARMING BED AND BREAKFAST NETWORK
- See All PlAN DE PARIS MAP IS THE BEST!
- BRING YOUR OWN DVD'S FOR EXERCISE
- "La plus belle avenue du monde" for the...
- See All AUTUMN FESTIVAL SEPTEMBER 14-DECEMBER...
thinking's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels