"DON'T GO!!! Huge ripoff!!!" Rest Inn Motel Tip by dodododododododododo

Rest Inn Motel, Kingston: 261 reviews and 0 photos

They're nice when you're booking...screw you over when you cancel, and now i'm out $145.60 for two nights I had cancelled well in advance for. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. BAD SERVICE AND DISHONESTY, what worse combo is there in a business?

I am a first year university student, and I had booked to stay with Rest Inn for two nights because I had difficulties in the transition from Residence to House. They were perfectly friendly and helpful when you inquire about prices and when you make a reservation, providing you with name and confirmation numbers and cancellation policy. When cheaper and better arrangements came up, I called a week in advance to cancel. The guy first couldn't find my account, then fiddled around with it for a bit, and finally told me my reservation was cancelled. A month later, my VISA bill came, and I was charged $145.60 for those two nights I'd cancelled well in advance for. When I called management, they said there was no record of anyone even accessing my account before those nights. WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT GUY DOING WHEN I CALLED TO CANCEL?! They are insisting i did not call to cancel.

Unique Qualities: Small, dirty from the outside and from previous Rest-Inn-victims. Not set in the best neighbourhood in town, though i'll give you that it's situated on the main road of Kingston.

Address: 686 Princess Street, , Kingston, Province of Ontar
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +1 613-546-6616
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Motel
Website: http://www.hojo.com/hotels/ontario/kingston/howard-johnson-inn-kingston/hotel-overview?WID=LC:HJ:20150901:Rio:Local&iata=00065402

• Written Aug 11, 2006

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Kingston?