"Buy Your Kimonos in Department Stores" Japanese Style Tip by AKtravelers
Japanese Style, Tokyo: 10 reviews and 12 photos
What to buy: Many people like to bring back kimonos from Tokyo, but find that they are very expensive in the souvenir stores. However, most locals who need kimonos for ceremonial or festive occassions buy their's at local department stores, where they don't pay for-tourist prices. I was staying in a suburb whose local Starbuck's was attached to a department store where I walked by these (caucasian) mannequins dressed in kimonos every day, and the prices were all better than what I saw in souvenir stores.
Theme: Women's Clothes
More Shopping in Tokyo (1)
More Reviews (47)
- See All The Best People-Watching City in the...
- See All 1300-year-old Shiofune Kannon Temple'...
- See All The Famous Harajuku Girls
- The Edo-Tokyo Museum: Save until the End
- See All Fall in Love with Sumo
- For Long Stays, Get a Suica or PASMO...
- See All Wander the Love Hotel Alleys
- See All Girls Dress Up for 7th Birthday
- Conveyor Belt Sushi: A must!!
- See All Be Careful of Japanese Language T-Shirts
- Pack Your Umbrella in July
Been to Tokyo?Share your travels with the world!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to Tokyo?Share Your Travels