"Monument to the Heroes of Monte Casino" Monument to the Heroes of Monte Casino Tip by scottishvisitor

Sparkling Tribute to the Heros
      Sparkling Tribute to the Heros
      A closer look
      A little Monument
    by scottishvisitor

The Allied attack On Monte Casino was led by the Polish 2nd. Corps. under the leadership of General W. Anders. The street the monument stands on was named after him and there is a statue of the General nearby. We looked at the sparkling white monument set against a sunny blue sky trying to guess what it actually depicted, a headless angle, well maybe. Our thoughts then turned to the soldiers and their hard fought battle. Just before we came to the monument we saw a much smaller and less elaborate tribute but none the less thought provoking.

Address: Andrersa Street
Directions: Just outside Krasinski Park

• Updated Aug 8, 2006

• stillunusual's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2015 at 10:18 AM

I really enjoyed looking through your Warsaw page and I also like this monument, which I've also visited (it looks particularly impressive at night). Just for your info, the smaller monument that you also took a pic of has nothing to do with Monte Cassino. It's actually dedicated to the Chrobry I battalion of the Armia Krajowa, who defended this area during the Warsaw Uprising. It is located at the site of "Simon's Passage" ("Pasa? Simonsa") - a pre-war shopping mall in Warsaw that was completely destroyed by German bombing during the uprising....

“Look for the simple things in life”

Have you been to Warsaw?