"PALACE & PARK OF VERSAILLES" Versailles Tip by thinking
Versailles, Paris: 75 reviews and 125 photos
Used by the kings of France from the 12th century, the medieval royal hunting lodge of Fontainebleau, standing at the heart of a vast forest in the Ile-de-France, was transformed, enlarged and embellished in the 16th century by François I, who wanted to make a 'New Rome' of it. Surrounded by an immense park, the Italianate palace combines Renaissance and French artistic traditions.
This is one Palace you must see with your own eyes.
Spend most of the time in the gardens, and then take a boat ride on the pools for a few euros.
You need at least one day to see this!
We go to walk around the gardens and discuss life!
More Off The Beaten Path in Paris (7)
More Reviews (113)
- See All THE BEST WORKERS IN FRANCE
- See All 10,000 BICYCLES IN PARIS AT 1000...
- See All MOST PHARMACIES ARE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS...
- See All 2 star restaurant
- See All THE MARKET AT ALMA-MARCEAU
- See All IN ST-DENIS: AN OASIS FOR WOMEN
- See All WHAT IS La France Profonde" or "DEEP...
- See All CHARMING BED AND BREAKFAST NETWORK
- See All PlAN DE PARIS MAP IS THE BEST!
- BRING YOUR OWN DVD'S FOR EXERCISE
- "La plus belle avenue du monde" for the...
- See All AUTUMN FESTIVAL SEPTEMBER 14-DECEMBER...
thinking's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels