"San Juan Resort" Caribe Hilton San Juan Tip by Blayz

Caribe Hilton San Juan, San Juan: 6,166 reviews and 13 photos

When we arrived it was about 1030p so our first stop was to check in and get something to eat - the Thursday night buffet was really delicious, and left us hopeful that we would have some good eating in the following days - WRONG! The Hilton has four upscale restaurants and thier food is ok, but a little over priced. The Thursday buffet was great, even if it was $40, but the breakfast buffet (@20) and the other evening buffets (priced from $25-$45) were uninspiring.

Other than that the hotel was great. The beds were ridiculously comfortable and the manager had no problem giving me an upgrade to a room with an incredible ocean/city view.

Unique Qualities: There were multiple pools and a private beach. I had read lots of complaints about the beach being only 5 feet of sand and filthy, but during my stay that was not the case. Maybe when those (poor) reviews were writted it was during high tide, because it does cause the beach area to get a bit shallow. Other than that it was picturesque, I could have made my own Corona commercials (substituting Hurricanes for Coronas).

But be careful about your bar/room tab... you can drink yourself into nightly $200 bills if you are not careful...:-)

Address: San Geromino Grounds Los Rosales St, 00902 San Jua
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 17877210303
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.caribehilton.com

• Written Aug 3, 2006

Ranked Member

Have you been to San Juan?