"Clean, Friendly, Great Location Near Duomo" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Aldini Tip by ForestqueenNYC

Hotel Aldini, Florence: 78 reviews and 2 photos

Lobby and Owner of Hotel Aldini

Lobby and Owner of Hotel Aldini
      Breakfast Room of Hotel Aldini
    by ForestqueenNYC

This is one of the two hotels in which I stayed in the same building. I like this one the best because the family who owns it is much nicer than the owner of the other place. But if you can't get a res in this one do consider the other one which is called Hotel Constantin.

Anyway getting back to this place. It is a no frills family run hotel, but it is a clean place to sleep. I stayed there twice. The first time I had a single with a huge bathroom. I think it would be good for someone who is disabled. The second time I stayed in a double overlooking Via Cazaiouli. My son was with me and he complained about the noise. I didn't hear a thing. He lives in the country and I live in New York City so thus the difference. He also didn't think it was anything special. Well it isn't and it isn't suppose to be. I am on a limited budget and so all I look for is a place with friendly personnel that is sparkling clean and doesn't smell of mold and fits in with my budget. In the two star category you don't usually find something special. A good location is a plus, too, but that is relative as you will see from my other reviews.

Check the website for better pictures than I took. I book almost everplace I stay in Europe through Venere.com.

The price is about average for that type of hotel in that location.

Address: L'Via Calzaiuoli, 13 - 50122 Florence
Comparison: about average
Directions: On the main street that goes from the Duomo to Piazza Signoria. You can see the Duomo from the front door. It is on the third floor. There is another hotel on the second which is also decent, but I didn't like the owner.
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://aldini.hotelinfirenze.com/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jul 31, 2006

• footstool's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Forest Queen, are you still in Paris? I met you at a VT meet in Feb. 2009, with Pedmar, on ave Bosquet in Ecole Militaire. I am returning in the last week of October. Maybe we can have a coffee.

ForestqueenNYC Used To Live Here!

ForestqueenNYC

“If you can't travel with your dog child, then a photo will have to do.”

Have you been to Florence?