"St Louis Cathedral and St Anthony's Gardens" St. Louis Cathedral Tip by Ewingjr98
St. Louis Cathedral, New Orleans: 38 reviews and 83 photos
The first church on this site was built in 1727, but was destroyed by fire in 1788. The current church was completed in 1794 but was heavily remodeled in the 1800s. St. Anthony?s Garden was created in 1831, and it's white marble obelisk was set over the buried site of 19 French sailors who perished of yellow fever in Mexican waters.
Address: 615 Pere Antoine Alley
Directions: Facing Jackson Square
More Things to Do in New Orleans (15)
More Reviews (46)
- See All Port of Call - Esplinade Ave, French...
- See All Warehouse District
- See All Hurricane Katrina Memorials
- See All Howl at the Moon - Bourbbon St, French...
- See All Taxi through New Orleans
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels