Bern's Steakhouse: "Best Aged Steak in the World" Top 5 Page for this destination Bern's Steakhouse Tip by tampa_shawn
Bern's Steakhouse, Tampa: 8 reviews and 13 photos
Bern’s Steak House is listed as one of the world’s best and has been featured on many of the foodie shows. Bern’s has absolutely amazing aged steaks, one of the largest wine cellars in the world, an amazing caviar list and some fantasy worthy side dishes.
Don’t let all the fancy foods and features this is a place EVERYONE will enjoy. It’s a totally unique and seeing the interior alone is worth the visit.
Some things to know about Berns:
• If it’s your first time do the tour – Bern’s is know for its high standard and food and offers its patrons a tour, take it, you’ll enjoy seeing the restaurant, its cooking areas and wine cellars and learning about how they maintain their high standards.
• Reservations are recommended, especially during the holidays.
• If you arrive without reservations and no tables are available, eat at the bar. The bar is actually one of my favorite rooms in the restaurant and the full menu is available.
• Take time to read the ten page menu and don’t be afraid to ask the waiters questions. Main dishes include chicken, fish, foie gras, lamb, pork, lobster and veal but its of course known for its amazing aged steaks.
• Order one steak and split it and get sides for two. This will allow Bern’s to slice a larger steak and cook it to absolute perfection. Don’t worry this is what the locals do and what Bern’s recommends. Only works if both of you like your steak cooked the same way.
• The entrees here are reasonably priced given the exceptional quality and all the extras (soup and sides).
Budget tips –
o It’s easy to spend a ton of money here. However, it’s also really easy to have a fantasy worthy dinner for two for less than $60 (including tax and tip). A trip to the desert room is extra.
o Alcohol and wines can easily double your bill here.
o Soft drinks here do NOT have free refills and are a bit pricey.
o Since the entrees come with sides, if you order appetizer etc you won’t be able to finish the meal. Stick with the main meal and save your $ for the desert room.
Favorite Dish: • The steaks come with either soup or salad and a choice of veggies – you won’t make a bad choice but I recommend the vichyssoise (cold potato soup). It’s absolutely amazing!
When you arrive be sure to make a reservation for the desert room! It will be hard, but do save room for desert (or at least room to split one) and if you’re a coffee drinker DO order their coffee! Yum!
Their coffee is out of this world. You can buy a bag of beans to take home too!
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: <address>1208 S. Howard Ave., Tampa, FL, 33606 </address>
More Reviews (164)
- See All For a special day or night
- Stay at the Floridan Palace Hotel
- See All Free and cheap for kids
- See All Indian Grocery Stores
tampa_shawn's Related Pages
Have you been to Tampa?Share Your Travels