Indio Feliz: "Best in Aguas Calientes -- maybe in Peru!" Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu Restaurant Tip by

This place is fantastic. I'm certain that it must be the best reasonably priced restaurant in Peru. My wife and I had dinner at Indio Feliz in early May of 2006. Everything was above our expectations -- and we went there expecting a good meal! I had discovered it while reading about Peru on the web before we went, but I had remembered that it was in Cusco, and I couldn't find it while we were there. We were delightfully surprised to find that it is Aguas Calientes. We enjoyed our dinner so much that we referred our friends (they enjoyed a lunch there the next day.) and we had lunch there the next day also. I ordered the Onion soup with shredded cheese & minced peppers, Quillabamba chicked with peaches in mango sauce, and orange cake (I'm not a cake lover, but this was not ordinary cake.) My wife ordered the tomato soup, salmon trout, and chocolate dessert. All fabulous! The owners were friendly and especially helpful.

Favorite Dish: Orange cake. It is to die for.

Address: at foot of walkway to mineral baths, on left
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: 1 block from main square
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: French

• Written Jul 26, 2006

“with time and money, will travel”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu?