"Horrible hotel" Sphinx Hotel Tip by Sokol952
Sphinx Hotel, Amsterdam: 270 reviews and 0 photos
Unique Qualities: I stayed at this hotel for two nights and boy did it add to my very negative experience in Amsterdam. Just so it would be easy to read I summed up all the negative and positive points of this hotel.
1. Deposite of 5 euros for the room and the reception refuses to take your key when you leave for the day. A cheap way to make money if people lose the hotel key. Highly unprofessional.
2. 5% charge if you decide to pay for your stay by a credit card.
3. Extremely narrow, and I mean narrow staircases. Usually Dutch hotels have a pully for your luggage or staff to carry them. Sphinx does not. Be careful not to break your neck. P.S. No elevator.
4. We were never imformed that not every room has a shower and a toilet. So if you don't want to pay extra, you have to share a shower and a toilet with other occupants.
5. Rude staff. Very loud and obnoxoius.Talks in the backyard into the wee hours of the night.
6. Usually hotels give you leway during what time you can check in, this one didn't.
1. Clean rooms.
Address: Weteringschans 82, , Amsterdam, Noord-Holland 1017
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Nothing intresting in the area, have to take a long walk to get to any museum.
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels