"Seattle Center" Seattle Center Tip by Naradja

Seattle Center, Seattle: 33 reviews and 47 photos

I was trying to avoid Seattle Center, specifically because I had no interest in the Space Needle and expected everything around it to be just as kitchy. Luckily for me, we ended up parking at Seattle Center ($5 all day) and cutting through Seattle Center on our walk downtown. Seattle Center turned out to be a great park. My favorite part is the fountain - the spray is coordinated with music and about every 5 minutes there is an explosion of spray and much screaming and running around of kids playing in the water, which triggers much laughing from adults sitting around the edges of the fountain. There is also a skate park - very cool to watch the talents of the skaters in their element. Wandering around, we discovered lots of quieter smaller landscaped areas, public art, and play areas. My ever-present dog was terrified of the amusement-park rides and didn't care for the explosions from the fountain, but she enjoyed viewing all the activity from a distance, and I had a great time just relaxing, exploring and people watching.

Phone: 206-684-7200
Website: http://www.seattlecenter.com/

• Updated Jul 24, 2006

Have you been to Seattle?