"Do drink enough!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Physical Workout Tip by Jerelis
Physical Workout, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: 2 reviews and 1 photos
For years, we have all been told of the importance of water. The general guideline has been to drink 2 litre of water each day. For a person who is not living an active lifestyle this may be enough, but if you are physically active, you need more water than that. That is especially true if you are hiking in the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park due to the fact the average temperature differ much more than other areas and the landscape goes up and down.
Water is essential for everyone, especially if you are hiking. Water helps almost every part of the human body function properly. Our bodies are almost two-thirds water, and proper hydration is essential to keep your body functioning properly during the hike. Some of the things water does in the body are:
* The brain is 75% water; even moderate dehydration can cause headaches and dizziness;
* Water regulates body temperature, which is especially important here in the area where the temperatures can be so brutal;
* Water carries nutrients and oxygen to all cells in the body
* Blood is 92% water;
* Water protects and cushions vital organs;
·* Water converts food into energy (which is something you will need on a 3 to 4 hour hike…);
* Muscles are 75% water, and you will use many muscles on a trail as you climb above the desert floor.
More Warnings and Dangers in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (2)
More Reviews (23)
- See All Hawaiian Budweiser - King of all Beers?
- See All Hawaii Volcanoes Official Map and Guide.
- See All Steam Vents & 'Iliahi Trail - Sulphur...
Jerelis' Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park?Share Your Travels