"Absolutely gorgeous!" Millennium Hotel St. Louis Tip by InDaNavy

When I visit St. Louis, I almost always stay at the Millennium Hotel. The location alone is enough to reel me in! Imagine this: You're staying at the Millennium for 4th of July weekend (when I was last there). Around nine o' clock PM, you're looking out your 27th floor room at the Arch, suddenly you hear live music playing from the riverfront just past the arch. Suddenly, you realize what's happening as your room is lit up by the best view of a fireworks display you've ever seen. It's literally across the street from you! I swear, this hotel has got to have the best view of the arch in the city. The next day, you can walk a block from the hotel and watch the Cardinals play in their new stadium or you can walk a few blocks to "The Landing" which has great night life with live blues bands and such!

Besides the view, the hotel has a restaurant at the top that spins while you eat. There's literally not a bad seat in the place. The prices are a little high. My wife and I spent over $150 for the two of us to eat up there. We had great service up there for their Sunday brunch. We had this young girl who kept our glasses full and supplied us with all the FREE CHAMPAGNE we wanted.

The bar, Martini's, is just your typical hotel bar.

The restaurant downstairs is nice also, it's called the 4th St. Grill. It is what it is: a casual restaurant in a nice hotel. It's pretty affordable for a hotel restaurant and the servers there are all really nice.

I order room service every day I'm at the hotel. The menu's the same as the grill's, but they bring it to your room QUICKLY. Also, this is also the only time I was told that "gratuity is already included; we just need your signature on the line." Most people would hope that you didn't know the tip was already on there!

The housekeeping people are grumpy. It's like they all hate to do their jobs. I complained about their attitude while I was there once and the General Manager of the hotel actually made everything ok. I ended up with a free dinner in the casual restaurant!

Unique Qualities: The hotel has two towers (and I mean towers). The taller tower is a little creepy; it has fairly narrow hallways, but the rooms are pretty nice. The shorter tower is nice; it has a series of balconies that the rooms are on with nice glass elevators. These balconies overlook this huge atrium with a game room and an indoor pool right in the middle of the hotel! By the way, there's also an outside pool that's nice too! But an inside pool is really nice to relax in while it's raining! If you're looking to get business done, but don't want to be holed up in your room, the lobby has lots of seating where nobody will bother you, and yet you aren't being such a recluse.

Address: 200 S 4th St, Saint Louis, MO 63102
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Just head toward the arch, then look for the building with two round towers.
Phone:
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Written Jul 20, 2006

Comments

InDaNavy Used To Live Here!

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Saint Louis?