"Mountain Biking at Quail Hollow State Park" Ohio Off The Beaten Path Tip by WheninRome

Ohio Off The Beaten Path: 44 reviews and 97 photos

The mountain biking trail at Quail Hollow is one of Northeast Ohio's newer fat tire trails. It is about a 4-mile loop, perfect for beginner and intermediate riders, but it may be a little too mundane for experienced bikers. The trail is packed pretty hard and dries out fairly quickly after rainstorms although there is a field area that you cross about half way through the ride that tends to flood during large storm events. A friend of mine has told me about how he has ridden through it with muddy water up to his bottle holder.

A good description of the trail is located at the Cleveland Area Mountain Bike Association's (CAMBA) website below.

If you are or are with a beginner to intermediate mountain biker and are in the Akron/Cleveland/Canton area I would recommend a trip here. On a typical day we would do 2 to 3 circuits of the trail with each circuit taking between 30 minutes 75 minutes depending on how fast/slow you ride.

The map linked in the website below really sucks, but it will get you to the Park. Once there just follow the signs to the mountain bike trail. On a nice day there is bound to be a couple bikers out so just look for them and their cars.

DANGER: When on the trail keep an eye out for horses!!! Sometimes horseback riders will illegally use the trail. I am not sure who would win in a collision, but I wouldn't want to find out.

Photos coming soon.

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

More Off The Beaten Path in Ohio (1)

Comments

WheninRome

“Cruises - If I wanted to be on a boat with a couple thousand other people I would have joined the navy.”

Have you been to Ohio?