Chalet Tanjung Balau Kejora: "Budget accomodations at Tanjung Balau" Kota Tinggi Hotel Tip by genie47

Kota Tinggi Hotels: 19 reviews and 36 photos

All of us before the rains came

All of us before the rains came
      Our chalet
    by genie47

This is a budget chalet. So I didn't set my standards high.

The chalet is clean. It has TV and A/C. There is a shower but no heated water. I must admit maintenance is a little poor. The bath sink was about to fall off the wall and the WC has its cover was missing. I had to manually pull the mechanism to flush the toilet.

The creaky wood flooring is nice and soothing to the feet. The chalet's front office provided me with two towels and two small bars of soap.

Barbeque pits with benches and table are available outside each chalet but it had been raining so everything has been sloshed wet.

The amazing thing is that the A/C blower had no ducting of any sort. I figured that is why there is a ceiling fan in the chalet. So that the A/C should be set just cool at 25 deg C with the fan blowing to prevent water condensation build up. I was right. Jasmine set the A/C to a cold 20 deg C to "keep the mozzies away" and later that morning at 3am, we can here the water dripping onto the bed.

It is supposed to be sealed but the mozzies keep finding their way into the chalet. We all got bitten. It would be good if they supplied us with the electric mozzy chemical expeller to chase them away.

Unique Qualities: You can't get anymore budget than this in the Desaru area. If you need a pool to swim in, a real resort just a walk away charges you entry to use its pool. It is MYR10 per adult and MYR5 per child at the Balau Bay Resort.

Each chalet costs MYR94.50 per night. Dorms cost MYR168 per night and can accomodate 10.

There are half day rates for these chalets if you decide to come over to Tanjung Balau for a day visit. Costs MYR47.50 for 10am to 5pm.

The rates I mentioned are for weekends. Weekdays are MYR73.50 per night and half-day rates are MYR42.00 for the chalets.

A coffee shop and a simple minimart is in the carpark. There are hawkers selling satay, Ramly burgers and iced desserts.

Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Take Highway 90 towards Desaru, look for the sign to turn left to Sedili. You will come to a circus, take the 12 o'clock route to head towards the Balau Bay Resort. The chalets are beside the Balau Bay Resort.
Phone: 60 07 822 8260 or 60 07 822 8262
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.greaterdesaru.com

• Updated Jul 17, 2006

Comments

genie47

“Slow in, fast out.”

Have you been to Kota Tinggi?