"Fantastic View From This High Rise Hotel" Swissotel The Stamford Tip by ElwynRN

Swissotel The Stamford, Singapore: 6,998 reviews and 36 photos

My wife and I stayed in this hotel in Jan.2005 for a one night stop-over in Singapore. I think we got a good deal via Singapore Airlines' special rate for transit passengers. We arrived in Singapore at around 9:00 p.m., therefore we were able to check in to this hotel at around 11:00 p.m. The check in was quick, and the bellman who accompanied us to our room was very helpful and friendly. The room we got was spacious and clean, the electronic appliances are new, and the bathroom is very modern. We had a fantastic view of the city-state and if I correctly recall it, our room was above the 40th. floor. The following morning revealed an even more spectacular view of Singapore. We wanted to experience the culture of Singapore in the short time we were going to be there, so instead of eating breakfast in the hotel we decided to take a cab and have breakfast at an outside cafe on Orchard Road. Luckily, this hotel is not too far from Orchard Road and the cab fare was very reasonable. When we got back to the hotel we discovered that there is a good sized shopping mall right next to the hotel's lobby and is accessible via a short hallway, how cool is that? Before our flight back to San Francisco, we sat in the hotel's restaurant lobby to wait for our airport shuttle bus. We ordered two glasses of different flavored fancy iced tea and they were delish!!! The ice tea alone is worth going back to that hotel, OK I'm exagerating but you get the point. I only wished we had more time in Singapore.

Unique Qualities: Friendly staff. Clean modern rooms. Latest appliances. Good location. Fantastic bathroom.

Address: 2 STAMFORD ROAD A, SINGAPORE 178882, Singapore nul
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 65 6338 8585
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.swissotel.com/hotels/singapore-stamford/?genid=tripadvlist&utm_source=tripadv&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=bizlist

• Written Jul 16, 2006

“Happy Travels”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Singapore?