The Irish Pub: "An AC Must" Atlantic City Nightlife Tip by sjcherno

Atlantic City Nightlife: 27 reviews and 37 photos

OK, I love this place.

In winter or summer, you're likely to find many people of all ages eating and drinking a pint or two (or ten). It has a good selection of beers on tap, though they do not have Harp and make their half and halfs with Guiness and Stella.

It is open 24 hours and when I was younger, there was a time or two when a late night stretched later and I was blinded by the sun upon my departure.

The best secret is the food. It is good and cheap. They have the best chicken fingers and french fries that I've ever had.

I have heard that business has slowed since the smoking ban, but it is a great place and always likely to find new friends there.

The bartenders aren't the friendliest, but they get their job done. They have to put up with a lot of drunks, many people go there to get wasted, so I'm willing to say I wouldn't have their patience either.

Also, there is a leprechaun wandering around some weekend nights (really). I don't know if he is an employee or not, but bring your camera, because after a couple, you'll want a picture.

Dress Code: Casual

Address: St. James place and the Boardwalk
Directions: The closest casinos (looking at the Ocean) are Resorts on the left and the Sands on the right. OK if walking from the Boardwalk. At night you may want to avoid the walk from Pacific Ave. turning down St. James.
Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Written Jul 13, 2006

More Nightlife in Atlantic City (1)