Old Colorado City Farmer's Market: "Outdoor Grocery Shopping!" Colorado Springs Shopping Tip by kimod74

Colorado Springs Shopping: 17 reviews and 7 photos

In the summer months there are a wide array of farmer's markets around the town of Colorado Springs. They have a couple up North to accomodate all of the growth up there, they have one dowtown, one in Old Colorado City and one in Manitou Springs. They all fall on different days of the week, usually. The one I prefer to go to is the Old Colorado City farmer's market. Mainly because I love the charm of Old Colorado City. Each Saturday from June 10th through October 14th. I believe the market runs from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The farmer's market in Old Colorado City was started in 1988 with 12 vendors and has grown to 24 vendors full time vendors and a number of temporary booths every week. The Old Colorado City location is one of the most popular and busiest farmer's markets in the state of Colorado due to it's unique location and the charm of Old Colorado City.

However, the market has moved, I believe it holds the same times but is now located at Vermijo Park on the corner of 26th Avenue and Colorado Avenue.

What to buy: Food wise I usually purchase tomatoes, lettuce, onions, red, green, yellow peppers anything for a good salad! I have also purchased great salsa, locally made and fresh hard pressed goat cheese.

There are several different jewelry vendors and I recenlty purchased a great coconut soap and lotion from a vendor who makes natural soaps and lotions.

Last time I went I paid about $3 for about 2 lbs. of cherries. I paid $3 for a good large chunk of goat cheese, $1 for a head of organic lettuce. A lot of items will be $2 for $1. Like the green and red peppers are usually 2 for $1.

What to pay: I find that the prices are similar to that in the local grocery stores, sometimes a little less expensive. If you go about an hour before the market closes you can get deals from vendors trying to get rid of their food quickly.

Address: 26th Ave & Colorado Ave.
Directions: Old Colorado City - Vermijo Park.
Theme: Food and Drink

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

kimod74 Lives Here!

“Life is a bore without travel.”

Have you been to Colorado Springs?