"I have been to Canada..." Canada Things to Do Tip by your_sister

Canada Things to Do: 485 reviews and 709 photos

I have been to Canada twice...to see Niagara Falls & to take the Thousand Island boat trip.
Niagara Falls is a must see in Ontario, Canada. The US falls are beautiful , but they aren't as impressive as the Canadian falls. Just the sight and sound of all that water rushing over them is awesome. It is truly a breath-taking sight. I regret not taking a ride on the 'Maid of the Mist'. That must really be a spectacular way to view the falls.
If you are just driving to Ontario for a day trip, like we did, take some extra clothing along with you. We didn't do this and ended up wishing we had. We stopped at Lake Ontario, and my sisters & I, being teenagers at the time, couldn't resist getting in and swimming...in our clothes! Needless to say, I don't think the employees of the restaurant we stopped at on the way home appreciated it when we sat down and water seeped out of our clothes onto the seats & floor.
The Thousand Island boat trip is a very nice, relaxing way to spend some time and sight-see. The islands were lovely and it was an interesting trip. We did this when I was a small child and my memory is sketchy on the exact location. I know it was in eastern Canada, because we just drove up for the day. When I get the exact location, I will update this page.

• Updated Aug 24, 2002