VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Wait patiently for your coffee/tea" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Monica Local Custom Tip by marinarena

Santa Monica Local Customs: 16 reviews and 11 photos

Well, this is a tip especially for Santa Monica but can be applied to most crowded West L.A. coffeehouses and similar establishments. Come to a place like 3rd Street Promenande on a busy weekend night and expect to wait up to 20 min for a coffee. Here, the Coffee Bean and Starbucks here experience the rush-rush grind of delivering the goods of coffee and tea drinkers alike(yes, had to go there with the pun). On the nights I've spent here I see ridiculously long lines just to get coffee that's way overpriced and overrated- and a few times I grin and bear it myself (only for Chai tea-never for coffee I wait so long). Throught the L.A. we just loooooove our corporate coffee and will just be typically L.A. non-chalant about waiting for it to burn in our hands and give us comfort.

• Updated Oct 11, 2006

Comments

marinarena Visits Here Frequently!

marinarena

“Capture the little things in each grand destination!”

Have you been to Santa Monica?