"Sidewalks from Unirii square to Ceausescu palace" Top 5 Page for this destination Parliament Palace - Casa Poporului Tip by josephescu
Parliament Palace - Casa Poporului, Bucharest: 72 reviews and 135 photos
If you limit to walking along the large boulevards, then you fall into a trap - you're able to see only what others (urbanists, communists, etc.) wanted you to see, and not the real city as it stands today.
An off-beaten path from Unirii square to Ceausescu palace is the one which will show you what others didn't want you to see, but the original thing. Simply take the route behind the concrete blocks, and you’ll get to a different perspective: nice old houses and small villas, surrounded by refreshing courtyards, little old churches every 500m, a nice restaurant (Casa Bucur) and some pubs.
A must see on this 20 minutes path are:
- Domnita Balasa Church (see separate tip)
- Casa Bucur - Hotel & Restaurant. I would recommend eating in there upon the following conditions – you have more than 1 hour to spare, and as a hotel, if budget is not a problem and…you don’t mind being among the only customers. See accomodation rates at link above
- Petru & Pavel Church - one of the oldest ones in town
- Lahovary Church (original 1884 exquisite paintings from one of most famous Romanian painters – Gh. Tatarascu).
- a former monastery, opposite Lahovary church near piata Natiunilor Unite
Address: An off-beaten path from Unirii to Ceausescu Palace
Phone: +40 21 414 1420
More Things to Do in Bucharest (43)
More Reviews (28)
josephescu's Related Pages
Have you been to Bucharest?Share Your Travels