"Cardiff's Parking Voucher System" Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Tourist Trap Tip by aaaarrgh
Cardiff Tourist Traps: 12 reviews and 8 photos
Street parking in the city centre areas is tightly controlled by the use of parking vouchers, currently (2006) 1.20 GBP each. Unfortunately it is not always easy to find somewhere that sells parking vouchers. Especially if you are a visitor. There are no maps on the street, or voucher machines. But lots of parking wardens of course :-)
It is a particular problem around the Civic Buildings - University, Museum - because shops are not allowed in this area. Recently it took me 15 minutes to find a side door in one of the buildings where they sold vouchers. And I live in Cardiff!! When I returned a traffic warden was 20 metres from the car, waiting to pounce.
Unique Suggestions: At least if you have no alternative but to bring your car, check the Cardiff Council Website for a lost of parking locations. The have a list of outlets which sell parking vouchers. These outlets have the yellow letters "SG" displayed in their window - oh, that's soo obvious, isn't it ;-)
If you do have to leave your car to buy a voucher, then BE QUICK!!!!
Fun Alternatives: As an alternative you could use one of the large multi-storey carparks in the city centre. Or short term car parks on North Road. Or "Park & Ride" on a Saturday.
Or better still, don't bring your car and come by bus, coach or train.
UPDATE: roadside ticket machines have recently (2008) been installed around the Civic Buildings. And remember that after 6pm, parking here is FREE!
More Reviews (59)
- See All Old Country Pub with Great Food
- See All The city of greedy seagulls!
- See All The Open Boat ~ friendly independent...
- See All Gigs in an old Church
- See All Norwegian Cardiff
- See All Cardiff International Airport
- See All Good value with added wild life!
- Match Days in the City Centre
- Left Luggage facility at Tourist...
- See All Fireworks, fireworks and more...
- See All Cardiff 's Colourful Indoor Market
- Best Stadium in Britain/Planet Earth?
aaaarrgh's Related Pages
Have you been to Cardiff?Share Your Travels