"CAR: Parking ? make sure you do it "right"" Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Transportation Tip by Trekki
Germany Transportation: 321 reviews and 292 photos
(this is also in "local customs" - but I'm not sure where it belongs better - any suggestion is appreciated :-)
As probably all countries all over the world, the budgets of the government is tight?so they have to make sure, they get it filled?.
What seems more easy than to draw it out of the pockets of the people who place their cars some where ?
Apart from parking places (designed as such) or park houses or garages, you can park your car on the sidewalk, if the signs allow you. For most of them, you?ll find specific signs to tell you what to do = what to use or how to pay.
Pic 1 shows the ?Parken mit Parkscheibe? (the red square, marked on the pic), parking with a special parking ?card?, which you can get at gas stations. Parking is for free, if you see that sign, you only need to place this card visible in your car, and set it on the time you arrived. The "Mo-Fr 8-20 h (etc)" says that you need to display this card only during the time, noticed there
Pic 2 shows "Parken mit Parkschein", which means you need to draw a paper, which is put in the car to tell the hour until you are "allowed" to park there. The machines are close by; pic 3 shows such a machine. The price depends on the region; I paid for example 15 cents per 30 minutes (in Darmstadt, June 2006). The machines only work with cash (coins), so be prepared.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Transportation in Germany (8)
More Reviews (78)
- See All Residence - Palace - Castle - Fortress -...
- Bring some cash - why?
- See All REWE supermarkets with good salad bars
- See All Ridiculous price wars at petrol/gas...
- See All Careful: machines can't read new 5 Euro...
- See All Peaceful heaven in Bavaria: next to Wies...
- See All Tchibo: coffee & more, in case you...
- See All Rhein river romance: the fireworks
- See All German Christmas songs :-)
- See All Cycling around Lake Constance/Bodensee
- See All Forst, the cutest little wine village...
Been to Germany?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels